Service Advisor (Service Writer)
Becoming a Service Advisor
For over 55 years, The Rick Case Organization has been helping service Advisors grow and succeed. We will put you on the path to success.
We will find the perfect fit for you
With over 16 stores and 12 Brands we will find the right dealership for you.
Our Culture is simple “Treat every Customer as we would our best friend!”
Our goal is provide our customers with the best service, best value products and facilities of the greatest convenience in a pleasant environment that exceeds their expectations, while operating with the highest levels of honesty, integrity, responsibility and professionalism.
We give you the tools to succeed
Training is key to be successful. At Rick Case, we offer a wide verity of service training, both online and in person.
Grow with us
Our business is growing, and we want our employees to grow with us. Whether it is the traditional track, or an untraditional route, we want to help our employees find their career path. Check out our employee testimonials page to see how they grew with us.
Service Advisor Duties:
- Ascertains automotive problems and services by listening to customer's description of symptoms; clarifying description of problems; conducting inspections; taking test drives; checking vehicle maintenance records; examining service schedules.
- Verifies warranty and service contract coverage by examining records and papers; explaining provisions and exclusions.
- Develops estimates by costing materials, supplies, and labor; calculating customer's payment, including deductibles.
- Prepares repair orders (RO) by describing symptoms, problems, and causes discovered, as well as repairs and services required; obtaining approval signatures; entering RO into service database system.
- Maintains customer rapport by explaining estimates and expected return of vehicle; obtaining customer's approval of estimates; obtaining and providing contact telephone numbers; answering questions and concerns; arranging towing and temporary transportation.
- Maintains automotive records by recording problems and corrective actions planned.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading manufacturers' publications.
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.